Sunday, November 15, 2020

Dead Island Review

Well, it only took me 9 years, but I've FINALLY beaten Dead Island, and I can say, this is the WORST zombie apocalypse game I've ever played in my entire life (you can tell why it took me 9 years to beat it).

The characters are forgettable, the special infected are nothing special. Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead both have better characters AND better special infected. I was hoping that each new area would have a new special, and this was for the most part true until the Prison level where there is no new special infected.

Here are a variety of reasons why I hate this game:

- There's no way to BLOCK with your weapons, you're supposed to kick, which is stupid
- Picking up a weapon of the same type will AUTOMATICALLY swap to that weapon, even if worse
- If you pick up alcohol, it automatically equips alcohol, and if you pick up molotovs, you will automatically equip molotovs. It should go into your inventory, NOT an auto-equip
- There is no difference between "Press Z" and "Hold Z" when your inventory is full. The slightest of taps will swap your best weapon with trash, and this is how I lost my BEST weapon in the game
- Can't equip brass knuckles on fists, wasting a wheel slot on fists that you'll never use
- No keyboard shortcuts for player menu, such as being able to press R to repair and Enter to confirm prompts
- Throwing weapons is STUPID, the only time I throw weapons is accidental and then I'm in a panic to pick up my best weapon before I lose it!
- The final boss has a health bar but you CAN'T DAMAGE IT until you go through the final cut scene, making you waste ammo on it
- The final boss can walk through the air to kill you if you climb either of the ladders in the middle of the final boss battle
- There's an exploit spot where you can jump off the helipad onto one of the metal units and kill the boss from there

No comments:

Post a Comment